April 25, 2011

Easy A

2010 - 2.9/5

I never really planned on watching this, but my friends kept saying it was pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised.

Plot: B
The storyline was pretty interesting and original. Suited the high school setting.
I agree with several of IMDB reviewers that stated that the portrayal of Christians was very stereotypical and exaggerated – even for my taste. For example, the following review:
“Why is it okay to play Evangelicals as one-dimensional, cardboard buffoons? … I just love Hollywood's consistency about being "tolerant" and "inclusive" when it comes to people's beliefs”

Script: B+
I remember thinking that the dialogue was witty, clever and funny; mainly what Olive said.

Acting: B
I had never really seen Emma Stone as the major star of a movie, so I didn’t know what to expect, but I thought she fit the character very well and she played the role very well. She’s defiantly making a name for herself these days.

Overall: B
Worth the watch. The plot was a little different than I had expected, but it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment