July 17, 2011

Winnie the Pooh

2011 - 3.8/5

Plot: B
I thought the storyline with the ‘Backson’ was funny, but the plot in its entirety was a bit scattered. Still entertaining. Little disappointment that it was so short.
Speaking of short, I did enjoy the Loch Ness monster short as well!

Script: A
The script was my favourite aspect of the movie.

Owl: First, ISSUE a reward.

Tigger: If you’re gonna pounce, you’ve got to have some bounce.

Piglet: I can not knot.
Rabbit: Not knot?
Pooh: Who’s there?

Characters:
Although I never really watched Winnie the Pooh on TV, I always thought that each of the characters have their own mental disorder. Eeyore has depression; Piglet has anxiety; Tigger has ADHD; Rabbit has OCD; Pooh has an eating disorder (and addiction*); Owl is narcissistic; Kanga and Roo are co-dependent; Christopher has schizophrenia.
(*just to be politically correct, I don’t consider addiction as a mental disorder)

I didn’t realize that Pooh bossed Piglet around so much. Every character had a similar amount of screen time, expect for Kanga and Roo.

Voice Over Acting:
As mentioned earlier, I never really watched the TV show when I was younger, but it seemed as if Pooh and Tigger’s voices sounded different than I remembered, but then again, its not like I’m the best person to judge that.

Animation:
Thankfully it wasn’t computer animated – it was hand drawn. And I’m happy it wasn’t 3D.

Overall: 
I really didn’t know what to expect going into this, except that Christopher Robin was missing. I loved all the songs, and they were all at a good length. I also liked how some parts took place in the storybook, and the characters would jump to the other pages. The chalk drawings when the ‘Backson’ was being introduced was fun to watch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the trailer for Puss In Boots (2011), and although I don't plan on watching it, I did want to mention that I did like the following line:

Humpty Alexander Dumpty: You know what they do to eggs in prison? I'll tell you this: it ain't over-easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment