September 18, 2011

New York Minute

2004 – 2.6/5

Let me start out by saying that I realize the intended audience is probably girls that are under 12 years old, but sometimes it’s fun to watch a movie that you can turn your brain off. I figured this one couldn’t be horrible and that I’d get a few laughs or chuckles out of it.

I do like the Olsen twins and I do think their previous movies were fun to watch. I do think they can both act, and they’ve always stayed on the same path in terms of types of movies, so ‘teeny bopper’ does (did) suit them.

I have never liked Eugene Levy (Max Lomax), so I found him annoying; do ‘truancy cops’ actually exists? As for Andy Ritcher (as Bennie Bang), he too was super annoying, but you don’t go to see this movie for either of these characters.

There really wasn’t much to the script, however, I really did like this conversation between Jane/Roxy and Bennie.

Bennie: You took my chip.
Jane: Roxy, did you eat this man’s chips?
Roxy: No
Jane: You sure?
Roxy: I didn’t eat his chips. (to Bennie:) I didn’t eat your chips.
Jane: She didn’t eat your chips
Bennie Bang: No not chips, my microchip

No comments:

Post a Comment