June 1, 2014

The Lego Movie

2014 - 1.9/5

I was going to be on a plane for 5 hours, so I decided to watch a movie. Of the options, this seemed like my best bet. I will say that this was a good choice for the environment I was in. Don't get me wrong, I did have this on my to-see list before I knew it was an option on the plane, however, it was more or less a "I'll get to it when I get to it"; so again, good pick while stuck on a plane.

The movie did have its clever parts (the knife of exact zero), but the plot was a bit of a bore. The only reason I can't say that I found my eyes wondering elsewhere is because I was on a plane and I didn't have much else to look at.

I did like:
-the animation: it did look like Lego

I did not like:
-the "everything is awesome" song
-the plot
-most of the characters

I can see that this could be a love it or hate it movie for people, but personally, I can't say I hated it; it's just that I wasn't really entertained.

SPOILER ALERT:
The ending kind of threw me off: that it was a kid playing with his dads collection of Legos. I didn't see that coming and I thought that was a neat idea, but I didn't like what it turned into (the fight between the kid and the dad).

No comments:

Post a Comment