November 14, 2014

Nightcrawler

2014 - 3/5

Jake Gyllenhaal was gaunt. That is all. Nah, just kidding, I'll write a slightly better review! :P

This movie was Jake Gylynhall. His performance as Lou Bloom made this movie. You can’t take your eyes off him because you don’t want to miss anything. You’re probably going to blink as many times as Lou did in the entire movie (which I’m pretty sure was a handful).

I cannot tell you how creepy Lou was and how amazingly Gylynhall portrayed it. To some extent, you like Lou because he’s the main character and you feel like you should like him, but at the same time, you see how much of an ass he really is. His quick-witted speech and his delivery sends a shiver down your spine.

It takes a bit for the pace to pick up, but the overall vibe and Lou’s motivation to move forward using any means necessary keeps the viewer interested.

The one thing that didn’t sit well with me was how stupid the news people were. I can say with 100% certainty that I’ve never seen news reporters narrate a video that is being showed in such a stupid way; as if they were narrating a parade! It seemed like they belonged in an infomercial or something. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes with regards to how pathetic that instance was (I’m specifically talking about the mansion video).

No comments:

Post a Comment