January 24, 2015

Double Jeopardy

1999 - 3.8/5

Obviously this movie isn’t 100% accurate, but it came from Hollywood, so what else should we expect… aside from a great movie. When this movie ended, I checked to see how long it was. I did that because the story was so interesting that time just flew by. This isn’t a movie that you’re going to be looking at your watch wondering when it’ll end, like myself, you’ll look at your watch when its done and realize that an hour and 40 minutes have gone by.

Before Libby (Ashley Judd) goes to prison, enough time was spent so the audience buys the relationship between Libby and her husband. Once the “murder” occurs, you sense something fishy happened. I thought Judd did a fantastic job; you felt for her and your dumbfounded that she gets sentenced for something she didn’t do, and you’re on her side and you want her to find, and to be reunited with her son.

It takes 30 minutes before you get to see Tommy Lee Jones (as Travis), but he is worth the wait. This guy was perfect as Libby’s parole officer. The entire time I was rooting for Libby, but it was entertaining seeing that Travis was always right on her heels; he was always one very close step behind.

This movie had great flow, it kept my attention the entire time, it had great acting, and I loved seeing bits of British Columbia. I’d highly recommend this to people if they haven’t already seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment