July 21, 2016

The BFG

2016 - 1.7/5

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it was going to be Jack & the Bean Stalk. When the title was mentioned, I can honestly say that that was the first time I’ve ever heard of The BFG. So going into this, I really didn’t know what to expect

The first 10 minutes were a bore, then the BFG came into the picture and it got better, but the plot took a hit when Sophie and the BFG came up with ‘the plan’.

Sophie got to be a bit annoying pretty quickly.

I loved how the BFG would hide in the human world.

Absolutely loved how dreams were presented.

Loved the look of the BFG.
Loved the language the BFG used.

I found that there could have been more character development; however, that’s not to say that the BFG wasn’t a lovable character, I just more so mean that the bond between the BFG and Sophie didn’t seem as strong as it could have been. This is a Disney movie after all.

There wasn’t as much adventure as there could have been.

Seemed more targeted towards a younger audience.

To me, it didn’t feel like a 2 hour movie, it just had bad pacing.

Even though I haven’t read the book, I feel as if there was something lost in translation when it became a movie. It seemed watered down.


***SPOILER ALERT***
I was not a fan of where the movie went when they started to put their plan in motion. Going to the Queen for help seemed to be an extreme stretch. It was just hard for me to stay on board. And the pop that made them fart was stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment