November 11, 2010

The Lovely Bones

2009 - 1/5

i didn't have a chance to read the book before i saw the movie (although i really wanted to, but school and work get in the way of life)... that being said, i'm not sure i was ready for all the 'fantasy' parts (the 'in-between' parts), i didn't see that coming. some of those parts were done well, and i enjoyed the editing going back and forth between susie and her dad (how the 'connection' they had was shown). acting was pretty good, tucci stood out the most. overall, it was a good movie, it did move at a slow pace, but i'm definitely going to read the book when i get a chance.

Update (April 2012):
I tried reading the book earlier this year and I couldn't get into it. I liked Alice Sebold's first book Lucky, but I only got to page 70 (?) of The Lovely Bones and it sucked, so I stopped reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment