December 31, 2010

Little Fockers

2010 - 3/5

***SPOILER ALERT***

Plot: B
The storyline hasn’t changed much from the first two. Some parts seemed over the top ridiculous (Jack using a defibrillator on himself; Greg cutting his hand and squirting blood everywhere; Greg and Jack’s bathroom scene). I actually liked how this movie, although titled, Little Fockers, didn’t have too much to do with the kids, but a continuation of the adventures that occur between Greg and Jack.

Script: C+
This movie reused/recycled the same jokes that originated from the first movie (circle of trust; “I’m watching you”; Jack checking Greg’s vital signs to see if he’s lying), and at times it felt a bit watered-down.
There was a lot of crude humor, so its not necessarily a movie for kids to see.

Acting/Characters: B+
I’ve always liked DeNiro and Stiller together. I would have liked to see Dustin Hoffman have more screen time. I have never really liked Owen Wilson (in this movie or others). I had no idea Jessica Alba was in this movie (as Andi) – some of her parts were funny (when she pounced on Greg), but her tearing her clothes off and jumping into the huge pit was kind of dumb.

Overall: B
Still like Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers more, but I still got some good laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment