May 12, 2011

Fast Five

2011 - 3.7/5

Plot: B
For a movie that is based around nice cars, there weren’t a lot of car chases, however, I felt that it could be overlooked because there was a lot of other action that kept me interested.

*SPOILER ALERT*
I have NO idea why Mia’s character needed to be pregnant. The moment when Brian saw her walk by with the baby, it was obvious were this was going – however, it wasn’t obvious why. Totally unnecessary! This is the conversation I believe took place regarding Mia’s character/the pregnancy:
“Well, lets make it so she’s pregnant because there really isn’t anything we can have her do other than sit behind a monitor (which wasn’t even necessary), and to push the idea of ‘family’ so they’d stay together. Any other ideas? No? Okay, we’ll stick with that”

Script: C
The script was okay. There were some lines that I found funny:

Roman Pearce: You know, I think I make a better special agent than you ever did.
Brian O'Conner: I guess that depends on how you define 'special'.

Tego Leo: Why you gotta be so negative, man?
Rico Santos: I'm not negative. I'm just positive you're gonna mess it up.

Acting: B
Paul Walker is hot. Dwayne Johnson was a great addition (there was a definite need for the FBI person to be bigger than Vin Diesel’s character). The girl cop did a good job with her role as well! Everyone else was fine, nothing more than that needs to be said.

Cinematography: A-
Brazil was beautiful!

Overall: B
I thought it was a good movie. There was enough action overall that made up for the lack of car races/chases. For the most part, I have enjoyed most of the movies in this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment