December 11, 2011

Big Daddy

1999 – 3.1/5

One day, a 5-year-old kid shows up at the door of Sonny Koufax (Adam Sandler). The kid actually belongs to his roommate who just happened to leave the country on a business trip. Although Sonny has graduated from law school, he doesn’t seem to care about the responsibilities that come with adult life. In an attempt to show his now ex.girlfriend he is responsible, he decides to keep the kid, Julian (Cole & Dylan Sprouse).

To some extent this movie is along the same lines as Happy Gilmore, Billy Maddison, The Waterboy, ect; it has the typical Adam Sandler flavour to it, but I would say that this movie has a slightly different twist.

I thought that this was a very original plot and it was pieced together well. The supporting actors/ actresses were pretty good with their roles as well. I got a few good laughs out of it and it was the first movie I ever watched that I ended up with tears in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment