June 11, 2012

El Laberinto Del Fauno [Pan's Labyrinth]

2006 – 4.2/5

Before I saw this movie for the first time, I was told that it’s Alice In Wonderland meets Full Metal Jacket. I can’t say that I’ve seen the latter, but I do agree with the Alice In Wonderland portion. Having watched this movie for the second time, still not having seen Full Metal Jacket, I loved it just as much.

The girl who played Ofelia was amazing. Some child actors are so good at what they do and Ivana Baquero is defiantly one of them. She, along with everyone else was a treat to watch.

This enchanting story was fresh and creative. I want to say that this was a dark, whimsical movie. Part fantasy-part drama with a dash of action sprinkled in. This movie transitions between Ofelia’s real world and Ofelia’s fairytale world so fluidly. They are both connected to one another so gracefully that one scene flows into the next effortlessly.

I felt as if everything was so perfect and precise right down to the smallest detail: beautiful scenery, sets and cinematography, beautiful transitions and editing, beautiful music and sound effects and beautiful costumes and outfits.

The last thing I want to mention, that doesn’t really have to do with the movie itself is the fact that even though there is a child-lead, that doesn’t mean this is a movie for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment