October 28, 2012

Love & Other Drugs

2010 – 2.3/5

I want to start this review by saying that I intend on writing a comparative review for the following movies: Love & Other Drugs (L&OD), Friends With Benefits (FWB), and No Strings Attached (NSA). So I won’t be comparing L&OD to the other 2 in this review; but once I do, I’ll add a link HERE.

I really like Jake Gyllenhall. I don’t think I’ve seen a movie of his I didn’t like. Anne Hathaway is a good actress as well, so I was hoping this wouldn’t be a typical, overly cheesy, chick flick. The plot wasn’t exactly new or fresh – not by a long shot. But was it entertaining? Ya, I think so.

The movie moved at a good speed. What needed to happen happened and there wasn’t much filler for the sake of making it a longer movie; everything necessary was covered. Even the supporting cast had relevant, funny roles. The dialogue was probably my favourite part. It was actually witty, funny and entertaining.

There was one part I disliked and that was when Maggie (Hathaway) was freaking out. You could tell she was acting there and it felt a bit forced, but I was able to look over that and move on.

Jake Gyllenhall (and his ass) were fine!

Bottom line: I enjoyed this movie a lot more than I expected to (but for the record, I wasn’t expecting much).


No comments:

Post a Comment