January 1, 2013

Jack Reacher

2012 – 2.7/5

The easiest way to explain what I thought about this movie is the following:
It’s like a long episode of something you’d see on TV, but with a bigger budget.

Having said that, I will now say that I did enjoy this movie. I thought it was entertaining. It was pretty much exactly what I expected from it. I knew it wasn’t a full out action flick. I knew it was a movie about Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise) attempting to clear the name of a solider who was wrongfully detained for a shooting he didn’t commit. I didn’t know that this movie would have funny moments; that bumped my rating up for sure!

Everyone keeps saying “Tom Cruise in Cruise Control”, and ya, Tom Cruise is a type-casted actor. He pretty much plays the same character in every movie, and I think he usually does it well. I for one, think he did a great job with this role.

There was one scene that I really didn’t like. It was when 2 guys (one with a crowbar, the other a baseball bat) were coming after Reacher and they kept swinging and missing. And I don’t mean Reacher ducking and avoiding the weapons, I mean something along the lines of Three Stooges; it was extremely childish and it ruined that part of the movie for me.

All in all, I would watch this movie again. It’s a great popcorn flick, especially if the flavour you’re looking for is drama with a dash of action and comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment