May 26, 2013

Fast & Furious 6

2013 - 3.1/5

I’d by lying if I said that I wasn’t going into this one without any expectations – after all, there were 5 movies before it. This movie started off strong and I was really into it. I like the direction it took with regards to how Fast Five ended, and pretty much why a 6th installment was created. After the 5th one, I was curious to see what exactly would happen in the 6th.

I’ve decided to add my thoughts on the movie on its own, and the movie as apart of the franchise.

As a franchise:
When it comes to the Fast & Furious franchise, I’ve liked the 1st, 4th and 5th ones. Number 2 and 3 were write-offs for me. Since 2001, when the first one came out, I think these movies have come a long way, and this franchise has gotten better and better (aside from 2 and 3). They’ve upped the ante every time, yet they’ve managed to stay pretty close to the original story.

For the movie itself:
I thought the plot was okay, and I was able to roll with it. As a movie goer, I am willing to suspend belief for the sake of entertainment value. I was very entertained throughout this entire movie, however, there were some points in which it pushed my movie-believability limit. I can’t say it ruined it for me because it was entertaining.

I liked the pace, but a few of the racing parts happened a bit too fast on screen, so at times it took a couple seconds for my eyes to catch up.

I found that this movie was more cheesy than the 4th and 5th movies, but pretty much on par with the 1st. The script isn’t any better than the other movies in the franchise, however, the banter between Tej (Ludacris) and Roman (Tyrese) was so well done. These 2 work so well together and they added a lot of great comedic relief.

I did like Paul Walker - still hot; Vin Diesel suited his role - my friend pointed out that his height was very inconsistent throughout the entire movie (I didn't notice); Dwanye Johnson was great as Hobbs - I still think he was a great addition to this franchise; Jordana Brewster is still useless as always; Sung Kang did an fine job as Han; Luke Evans did a good job as Shaw; Gina Carano was terrible as Riley - I hated her facial expressions and her crappy acting.

This movie is not without its flaws (which I've decided not to get into), but I did like it and I would recommend it to others.

REVIEWS:
Fast Five (2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment