January 24, 2014

Prisoners

2013 - 3/5

I don’t know why, but I can’t bring myself to write a proper review, so point form it is.

I really hate movie rain. It always looks terrible because its always overdone.

I like Jake Gyllenhaal and I thought that he’d make a great detective.

I’m not a huge fan of Hugh Jackman, but I think he was fine for this role. A bit too aggressive though for a ‘normal guy’.

I had noooo idea Paul Dano was in this. He looked gross and creepy. I know him from The Girl Next Door and Little Miss Sunshine. After seeing this, I will say that he has acting range! Since LMS I’ve always thought he’s one of the most underused and under appreciated actors. That’s not to say that he’s flawless with what he does, he’s still got some work, but he’s always consistent.

It was a movie that was very well put together (editing, scene transitions)

Not to gloat, but at the 50 minute mark, I pieced it together. I was still curious how it would end, but I got the bigger part of the twist.

***SPOILER ALERT***
I defiantly did not enjoy watching a mentally disabled man get beaten and tortured. I think that was overkill.

I think adding religion into the mix gives the directors an easy way out for the reasoning behind actions; this I’m not a fan of.

I don't understand why the Keller's friends daughter (in the hospital after she was recovered), said that Keller was there. What did I miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment