March 7, 2014

Non-Stop

2014 - 0/5

I, for whatever reason went into this movie thinking it could actually be good. It could be different. There was hope. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I had high expectations for this movie or anything, I’m just saying that I had the idea in my brain that it wouldn’t be bad. If I had to sum up this movie in one sentence, it would be the following:
When you have to make everyone, and I mean EVERYONE seem suspicious, that just means that the writer wasn’t capable of creating a solid storyline to elude viewers from the actual person without adding several other people that seemed shady.

So obviously that’s my biggest issue with this movie: everyone was made out to be suspicious. Sure you can say that it keeps you guessing right till the end, but what’s the point in thinking its any person he encounters every time he talks to them. He’s overly suspicious of everyone for no good reason. Everyone from the pilot, to copilot, to all the flight attendants, to the majority of the passengers. The only person that wasn’t suspicious was the little girl.

Another thing that really annoyed me about this movie was the Muslim guy, Dr. Fahim Nassir. Since 9/11 Muslim people have been stereotyped like there’s no tomorrow. So in a movie about some sort of threat on a plane, there HAD TO BE a Middle-Eastern-looking fella. There HAD TO BE. Even if he was made to “look good” because he was a doctor and Bill (Liam Neeson) never suspected him as the threat. It just HAD TO BE ADDED. PATHETIC!!!

I may not be the most credible person to say this, but if you’ve seen one of Liam Neesons films, you’ve seen them all. I’ve seen (unfortunately) Taken… and well, that’s actually it. But I don’t need to see any of his other movies to know that he’s a type-casted actor that will always play the washed out someone role who has to save someone’s life.

Here are some things I read on IMDB that I wanted to share:
This flight should have been cancelled.
Raise your seats to the full upright position and grab your barf bags ladies and gentlemen.
Plot as thin as the air at 30,000 feet.


***SPOILER ALERT***
So in the end it just turns out to be some all-American guy that was US military and for some stupid reason (9/11 centered) believes that killing innocent people is the way to rectify his fathers death. And frankly, I don’t even remember why Zack White was in on it (the money I guess?).

One thing I have yet to piece together is that Tom Bowen sends a text to the air marshal that was sitting in economy saying that he knows what he has in his briefcase. At first we think it’s the coke, but then we find out it’s a bomb. Perhaps I missed this part, but why did the air marshal guy have the bomb in the first place?

When Tom Bowen asked for a light before Bill even entered the airport, I knew it was him.

Lastly, “free flights for everyone for a year”… suuuuure, lets make that something to calm everyone down.

No comments:

Post a Comment