July 14, 2014

Neighbors

2014 - 2.5/5

First off, I’ll say that I am a huge fan of Seth Rogen and his style of comedy. This movie follows suit to the ones before it. I can’t say it was one of the best ones (Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express, I Love You Man), but I got a bunch of little laughs; nothing really memorable though. I don’t mind that a lot of parts were exaggerated; if I got a laugh out of it, I’m willing to suspend the ‘reality-aspect’.

Hits:
-I’ll mention the most obvious: Zac Efron
-Efron without a shirt; several times might I add
-I like how the face-time was incorporated
-It had a great soundtrack
-The black-light party was cool
-The fight and dance-off between between Mac (Rogen) and Teddy (Efron) was entertaining

Overall:
Was it a fun movie? Yes.
Did I enjoy watching Efron? Rhetorical question right?
Was it funny? Ya, it had its moments.
Was it Rogen’s best movie? Not by a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment