February 25, 2015

Dangerous Minds

1995 - 2/5

So I felt like watching a movie along the same lines of The Descendants (2011), but I couldn't find one that gave me that vibe... but for some reason, when I glanced over Dangerous Minds on my shelf, I picked it.

I had seen this movie around the time it came out and I don't remember anything about it aside from the song Gangsta's Paradise and that I liked it.

This movie reminds me of Lean on Me (1989), Sister Act (1992) and 187 (1997). Was this movie outstandingly different? No, it still has the same plot, but at the end of the day, it works.

People like these kinds of movies and so long as they’re done well, people will continue to like them. I find that even I root for the teachers to succeed, which in turn, means that these kids succeed.

It has a good pace and the plot moves smoothly into the next bit. The acting was good and the dialogue was fine. Overall, worth the watch once.

No comments:

Post a Comment