February 14, 2015

Hector & the Search for Happiness

2014 - 2/5

I enjoy movies that have to do with travel and I like Simon Pegg, so I thought I’d give this a shot.

Of the 2 movies I saw this year with Rosemund Pike (this and Garbage Girl), I can easily say that I liked her better in this. I think Simon Pegg was great in this role. Usually I find that I’m not a fan of his British style comedies (mainly because I don’t really “get it”), so these are the types of rolls I like him in. This kind of reminded me of Will Ferrell in Stranger Than Fiction.

The movie as a whole kind of had that glass ceiling affect: you can tell it tries to aims higher, but the limits have already been set for it; and sadly, this movie doesn’t break through. I think this movie tried to encompass many different aspects, but if it kept to 1, maybe 2, it may have been more hard-hitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment