April 10, 2015

End of Watch

2012 - 3/5

I am not sure I’ve seen a movie with Jake Gyllenhaal as the lead, that I didn’t like... and I’m dying to see Southpaw!

Nightcrawler (2014)
Prisoners (2013)
Source Code (2011)
Brothers (2009)
Zodiac (2007)
Jarhead (2007)
Donnie Darko (2001)

This is a different type of buddy-cop movie. This movie takes you through the grittiness, the heroism and the friendship… or should I say the brotherhood between Brian (Gyllenhaal) and Mike (Pena) and life as a police officer. The chemistry between Gyllenhaal and Mike is genuine as characters and actors. The plot moves forward at a good pace, but the concept of timing is a bit hard to follow.

With regards to people saying this is a found footage movie, that’s wrong. The movie has parts in which Brian is filming and pretty much takes you along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment