April 6, 2016

Zootopia

2016 - _/5

I saw it and enjoyed it, but I feel as if I need to watch a second time to catch everything before I write a review.

some random thoughts for now:

Disney did a great job presenting animals in ‘human-like situations” (the nudist group)

Touches on racism/stereotyping in a broad sense.

It’s done in such a subtle way that leaves you laughing as a viewer, but it also allows you to stop and think about it.

There were a lot of Easter eggs in this one, and I love how Disney always has shout outs to other Disney movies. Not to mention all the connections to current brands. I’ll admit, I didn’t catch half of them, but there are SO many. To me this just shows how much attention to detail the creators put into making this movie.

They put so much time researching these details, and it comes off as so fluid that at times the viewer doesn’t even spot it because it’s so natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment