January 29, 2011

I Love You, Man

2009 - 4.8/5

Plot: A+
Peter (Paul Rudd) proposes to his girlfriend of under a year Zooey (Rashida Jones). He realizes that all of his friends have always been females and that he’s never really had any male friends. He goes on man-dates to find a best man for his wedding. Enter Sydney Fife (Jason Segel). Defiantly an original plot!

Script: A+
I LOVED the screenplay! It was soooo funny!
Here are some of my favorites:

Peter’s Dad- My son is a gay man and I embrace his lifestyle.
Robbie- It’s true, dad loves the gays; I actually made him an honorary homo last month.

Zooey- Do you do it that high when you do it?
Peter- Well, in real life, I do it low. But air bass works best up here.

Peter- Did you know that the best night I've had in the last 5 years is a night that Zooey and I split a bottle of wine, we made a summer salad and watched "Chocolat" together?
Sydney- You mean "Chocolate"?
Peter- Chocolat.
Sydney- Chocolate with Johnny Depp.
Peter- Chocolat.
Sydney- You're not fucking French Pete, it's called "Chocolate".

Tevin- Why are you slapping me?
Peter- Because I wanted to cause you some physical pain, but I have never actually hit anybody in the face. It freaks me out. And I didn’t really know what to do. Tevin, stay the fuck away from my listing.

Random things that were said that were pure awesomeness:
Peter- He farted in my open house.
Peter- You call me back whenever you get a mo. A moment.
Peter- You nicknamed me Pistol, and I just called you Joban.
Peter- Totes McGotes!
Peter- Why does everything I do sound like a leprechaun?

And my FAVOURITE:
Peter- I slap da bass big time!

Acting: A+
Paul Rudd has always been solid in any movie he’s been in. He is such a versatile actor! One of my favorite actors!
Jason Segel is a pretty good actor too! I loved him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, (which PR had a small role). The awkwardness between Peter and Sydney was so authentic – they make a great pair!
Rashida Jones and Paul Rudd make such a good on-screen couple! They were perfect together and she did an awesome job as Zooey.
Everybody else acted his or her parts very well too! Good cameos as well!

Overall: A+
HILARIOUS! I got sooo many laughs. One of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen! Paul Rudd + Jason Segel did such a good job portraying their characters! Loved every minute of it… RETURN THE FAVOR!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment