August 30, 2011

The Help

2011 - 4.2/5

Once I saw the trailer for this movie, I knew it was one I had to see with my mom…she enjoyed it as much as I did! What a great movie!

Plot: A
This movie is an adaptation of the book The Help. It follows Emma Stone’s character Skeeter, who aspires to be a writer. She decides to attempt something that has never been attempted before: write stories from the point of view of black women who are considered ‘the help’ to white families.

Script: A
I truly loved the screenplay. I had texted myself some of the quotes I liked during the movie, but for some reason they’ve been delete. Thanks to IMDB, I found 2 I really liked.

Aibileen Clark: You is kind. You is smart. You is important.

Aibileen Clark: I ain't never had no white person in my house before.

Acting: A+
Instead of naming EVERY cast member, I’ll just have to say EVERYONE was PHENOMENAL! Each and every character was SO convincing in their role. I realized that when you really hate a character, that the actor playing that role has done such an awesome job – case in point: Hilly Holbrook (aka Bryce Dallas Howard). Everyone played their part to a T.

Overall: A
The plot was great, the script was good, and the acting was amazing! A movie I really want to buy it and watch it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment