May 16, 2012

Inception

2010 – 2/5

I’ve been meaning to see this since it came out but never got around to it till now. And now that I’ve seen it, I don’t think it’s as great as people have made it out to be. Although it was 2.5 hours long, it didn’t feel that long (maybe because I watched it in 2 parts).

I think I liked what the plot was supposed to be rather than what it actually turned out to be. The execution is where it lost me. I thought it was a bit boring even with the explosions and action sequences. Some of the effects were cool and well done.

The acting was superb. You can always count on LD and JGL. I liked Ellen Page more than I thought I would and I also really liked Tom Hardy. Like I said, I don’t have any problems with the acting, it’s the characters themselves that I didn’t like. None of the characters had any depth to them so I didn’t care if they died. I didn’t care for Cobb and his issues.

Random things I want to mention:
-I liked the idea of the totem, however, it didn’t come up a whole lot in the movie itself.
-If the flight attendant was in on the plan, then why wouldn’t she have put the drug in Fischer’s drink?
-Maybe I didn’t catch this, but wouldn’t have Cobb’s children aged?
-There wasn’t much tension in the movie; it guess what I’m trying to say is that it wasn’t a ‘nail bitter’.
-The script was dull.
-At times this movie reminded me of Goldeneye and Spiderman.
-The plot wasn’t as complex as it was made out to be; or intended to be.

1 comment:

  1. The kids not having aged is a big reason why people think that Cobb is still dreaming at the end of the movie. That being said, each kid is played by two different actors: Claire and Taylor Geare play Phillipa (ages 3 and 5), and Magnus Nolan and Jonathan Geare play James (ages 20 months and 3 years)

    ReplyDelete