May 28, 2012

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

1996 - 2/5

For what it was, I did like it, but compared to other Disney movies, this one was not unique. It fails to stand out amongst the many great Disney movies I love so much. It just didn’t have the true Disney classic feel to it.

I can’t be 100% sure about the following but it seemed as if there were some religious undertones. I’m pretty sure I didn’t catch all of them but something seemed to point me in that direction.

Because it’s Disney you know you’re not going to get anything but amazing animation. The voices were okay; I didn’t feel much depth or emotion from any of the characters.

Maybe I haven’t seen a Disney movie in a while, but it seemed as if there were a lot of songs. Some were catchy but most were not.

Before I watched the movie, I thought I’d like the message it’s trying to send but I found how it ended a bit unexpected. It made me question the underlying message and whether or not this was a movie intended for a younger audience.

I found that the only part, and I mean only part that I laughed was the old man that was trapped in a cage and then became free only to trip into a wooden shackle (which for the life of me, I can’t figure out what it’s called).

No comments:

Post a Comment