July 13, 2013

Horrible Bosses

2011 - 1/5

Although I pretty much only heard good things from everyone that had seen this movie, I was hesitant to see it. This movie was better than I expected it to be, but it wasn’t hilarious or anything. It had its moments, but that’s about it.

It had a unique/unusual storyline, and it seemed somewhat obvious that a lot of thought went into how things should play out, but the execution was shaky. The plot itself is ridiculous, but if you’ve ever had a horrible boss yourself, and for the sake of being entertained, you might actually like this. The comedy in this movie is very hit and miss.

I like how each character does a voice over at the beginning. Because I’m unsure about how a continued voice over would fit into the rest of the movie, I can’t say that that would make it better. There really wasn’t much else to voice over though.

I liked all the actors but not all the characters:
-I will always see Jennifer Aniston as Rachel Green (Friends), but this movie definitely gave that notion a run for its money.
-Kevin Spacey and Colin Ferrel were really good too!
-Jason Bateman was his usual self.
-The other 2 guys suited their characters as well.
-Didn’t know that Jamie Foxx had a part; his parts weren’t that funny.

Would I recommend it to others? Ya, it’s worth watching.
Would I watch it again? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment