July 14, 2013

Pitch Perfect

2012 – 2/5

1 point for Rebel Wilson
1 point for me apparently liking A Capella!

If you watch this movie for one thing and one thing only, make it Rebel Wilson! That girl steals EVERY scene she is in. She makes this movie. And I don’t mean her character, I mean her. Who knows how badly this movie would have tanked if she wasn’t in it. She has perfect comedic timing and pretty much every line that came out of her mouth was golden!
For example (possible spoilers):
(re: “Fat Amy”) Ya, so twig bitches like you don’t say it behind my back.
I’m doing horizontal running.
I’m vertical running. I’m vertical running!
I got hit by flying Mexican food. 

Whoop there it is.
Excuse me bitch, you don’t need to shout.


Rebel Wilson aside, I think I’ve made it clear as to what other aspect (yes, singular) of this movie I enjoyed… A Capella! For those of you who think this movie is like Glee, I will beg to differ (although I don’t watch Glee, but from what I understand it’s a musical). This movie is NOT a musical. The characters do not randomly break out in song in order to explain something. This is a movie about a group of girls who enter A Capella competitions. That is all.

Yes, I did give this movie a 2/5 strictly based on the A Capella and Rebel Wilson, but that doesn’t mean the rest of the movie was complete trash. There were some good actors (Brittany Snow and Skylar Astin), and there were some not-so-good actors (Anna Kendrick and Adam DeVine).

Because I loved the A Capella and Rebel Wilson, I will gladly say that I’ll watch the second one coming out in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment