September 20, 2014

Meet the Parents

2000 - 4/5

I loved this movie when it first came out, and 14 years later, I’m still laughing!

I think all the characters were great picks and they meshed well with one another and they passed off as their characters with ease. I loved DeNiro in this, and although he’s usually not in comedies, its one of his best rolls! DeNiro and Stiller played off one another so well; dialogue and body language was so fluid between them.

The storyline moves forward with great pace. There’s one funny situation after another, and Murphy’s Law kicks in for Greg Focker (Stiller) and everything that can go wrong, does go wrong. You really feel sorry for Greg because you see that he’s actually a really good guy.

There are a lot of good/funny quotes, so I’ll just add a link to IMDB, but one of my favs has to be:
Greg Focker [on the phone]: Yeah, you gave me the wrong suitcase. Uh-huh. Yes, it's a black Samsonite. Uh-huh. Ok, well don't you think that the Samsonite people, in some crazy scheme in order to make a profit, MADE MORE THAN ONE BLACK SUITCASE?

Great cast, good characters and funny dialogue wrapped up to make a great plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment