September 26, 2015

Atlantis: The Lost Empire

2001 - 0/5

The ruins(?) of Atlantis seemed to be a mix between Asia and the Mayans; it was neat to see the 2 combined.

It had okay animation. Disney has done better.

I think this is the first animated Disney movie that had partial subtitles.

I felt as if nothing was fully explained; as a viewer, you were just expected to believe how everything came to be.

You could tell that whoever wrote the script didn’t spend a whole lot of time doing so.

I found this movie to be a little more violent and mature than other Disney movies: people getting cut, shot and the old lady smoking!

Not sure why the movie never told the view what Mole’s story was.

Some of the characters were very stereotyped.

It reminded me of Avatar – which is not a point in favour for this movie.

Overall, it wasn’t that interesting to watch. The dialogue couldn’t keep my attention and the plot was incredibly predictable. I liked the idea of this movie more than the actual execution of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment