September 22, 2015

The Nightmare Before Christmas

1993 - 3.8/5

23 years after its release I am finally getting around to watching this movie. To be fair, I’ve always meant to; I just never actually got around to it. For someone that has only now watched this movie for the first time, I can say with ease, that it truly does stand the test of time.

I’ve always thought the animation looked beautiful through the pictures I’ve seen - the movie looks much better if possible!

This is very much a Tim Burton film, and you can always count on Disney to be so creative as well. This movie has a really interesting storyline and you can’t help but feel Jake’s woes.

The song at the beginning was really fun and really set the tone for the rest of the movie. The singing parts were very well incorporated and really did move the story forward. I loved the forest with the trees that had the different holiday occasions; it was very enchanting.

I’m not a big fan of Halloween or Christmas, but I will say that both are portrayed whimsically. I really did enjoy watching this. I now have the appreciation for this movie that many people have had for such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment