August 18, 2012

Eagle Eye

2008 – 0.7/5

Yes, there are several parts of this movie that are highly unrealistic, but I just wanted to turn my brain off. Some ‘lady’ over the phone controlling lights, fire alarms, electric wires, construction equipment was cool to see, but again, unrealistic. It was pretty dumb that a computer was behind all this. Although most aspects of this movie were questionable, it didn’t really ruin anything for me. My favourite scene had to be when Agent Thomas Morgan (Thornton) was chasing Jerry (Labeouf) and Rachael (Monaghan) in the baggage area.

Shia Lebouf is as cocky as ever. It shows beyond his portrayal as the character. At the end of the day, he is a dam good actor because he draws you into the character. Most of his characters are like this one: he has the same look on his face with the same little bit of shiny spit on the middle of his bottom lip.

I like Billy Bob Thornton in this type of role. He suits a ‘demanding’ person. I don’t know anything about Michelle Monaghan, but she did an okay job with her character.

I was in the mood to watch a mindless action movie and that’s what I got. It was kind of a mix between Wanted and The Bourne Trilogy, but not as good as either.

No comments:

Post a Comment