August 31, 2012

Ted

2012 – 1.5/5

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I can tell if I like a movie within the first 20 minutes and I did not like this movie in the first 20 minutes. I got to the point that I started flipping through flyers while watching this.

The only reservation I had going into this movie was Mark Walhberg as John. He looks way older than 35 and him and Mila Kunis don’t make a good couple. The role of John should have been casted differently.

Anyone I had talked to that had seen this movie said it was funny. I was told that if I like Family Guy humor, I will like this movie. And I do like Family Guy. I will also say that this was the typical Family Guy comedy, but a bit more over the top. I would like to add that I didn’t laugh once throughout this entire movie.

It was a little weird having Ted’s voice sound exactly like Peter Griffiths. I can’t say I got used to it by the end. Speaking of voices, Walhberg’s Boston ‘accent’ sucked. It just sounded so bad.

I thought the issues that Lori (Mila Kunis) had with her boss was stupid and added in but didn’t really amount to anything. Donny, the creepy dad and son duo seemed thrown into the movie to add more turmoil, but it was just dumb.

Can you email me for the rest of the movie so I can move it to the trash bin? What a disappointment – thumbs down.

Oh wait! So you’re probably wondering why I gave it a 1.5 instead of a 0 if I didn’t like this movie. Well, the reason why it got 1.5/5 was because of Mila Kunis and because Ted looked really good. The animation for Ted was very well done, and that’s a big reason I actually watched the movie.

2 comments:

  1. I think Wahlberg's accent in this movie was his actual accent - he is from Boston. What that says about his accent versus what we know as a Boston accent is a whole other thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ever it was, it was HORRIBLE. It sounded so bad! Hated it :P

    ReplyDelete