August 3, 2012

Joy Ride

2001 – 2.2/5

I remember loving this movie the first couple of times I saw it, and I do like it, but I don’t remember it being so cheesy! For what this movie is supposed to be, I think it delivers.

Once the plot picks up, it is pretty good and it remains pretty suspenseful, but still, quite cheesy. None of it is really believable, so that took away from the ‘scary factor’.

I have never been a fan of Leelee Sobieski or Steve Zahn. I think the trio of Sobieski, Zahn and Paul Walker worked well. Walker and Zahn were believable as brothers even though the character development was forced and not that great. The characters were dumb and I didn’t really like any of them.

The screenplay had to be the worst part of this movie. The jokes sucked and the dialogue overall was the cheesiest part of this movie.

I can see younger kids liking this movie and thinking it’s really good, but I think it’s okay. Last thing I want to mention is that Paul Walker is hot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment