April 27, 2012

Cyrus

2010 - 1/5

I will say right off the bat that the only reason this movie is getting a 1 rather than a 0 is because of the cast/acting (mainly Jonah Hill and Marisa Tomei). The characters were goofy, creepy, awkward and weird so the director did have a lot to work with, but nothing about the movie was blended well.

The camera shaking and zooming in was just horrible. Not sure how that was supposed to add any sort of effect.

Even when things seemed to get feisty, it was still dull. There were a couple of times in which something happened and I thought to myself, ‘okay, this is going somewhere’, but nada. There’s a lot of tension between John and Cyrus and throughout the entire film I was waiting for that to amount to something but it never did.

And I’m going to be completely honest here, but do you really think someone like Marisa Tomei would fall for someone like John C Reilly. And we’re supposed to believe that they fell for each other after what, 2 dates? I call bullshit.

I was under the impression that this was a comedy, but I can’t say that it is. Even at the dark comedy level it failed. It was just not funny. It was a flat line for sure from start to finish. I would recommend you avoid this movie.

I read this on IMDB, and I think this person said it best:
“an[d] they wonder why we download the movies without paying... You should pay us for the loss of life while we sat through this crap..”

No comments:

Post a Comment