April 29, 2012

The Rum Diary

2011 - 1/5

I went into this movie completely blind. The only thing I knew about it was that Johnny Depp was in it. I also had no idea that it was based off a book.

Liked:
-The part in the bowling alley when the rum bottles were lined up and a bowling ball hits them.
-Some of the camera angles (under the wooded bridge as the motorcycle drives by).

-Very few selected parts of the script
Lotteman: Blackheads like Braille

Paul Kemp: I thought you said you had a TV.
Sala: No, I said I kind of have a TV. The guy across the alley has a TV. I have binoculars.

-The acting was okay, but the characters were dull.
Johnny Depp as Paul Kemp
Aaron Eckhart as Sanderson.
Amber Heard as Chenault.
Richard Jenkins as Lotteman.
Giovanni Ribisi as Moburg (although I didn’t like his raspy voice; it creeped me out).

Disliked:
-Boring from beginning to end.
-Had zero direction and didn’t really go anywhere.
-Several plot holes (although there wasn’t much of a plot).
-Way to long.
-It was very choppy.
-I kept waiting for something to happen, but it never did.


No comments:

Post a Comment