December 28, 2015

Girl Most Likely

2012 - 2.2/5

I’ve liked Kristen Wiig since Bridesmaids, and the only other movie I’ve seen her in was The Skeleton Twins. I still want to see Welcome To Me as well. Although I think her strongest point is comedy, I do think that she does dramas well. I especially like watching her in independent flicks too.

I thought Kristen Wiig did a great job at Imogene and that ____ did a really good job as Ralph, her brother. Nobody else had a ‘break through’ performance, but they all did as good as needed to be. I have to say that whole side story with George Boosh could have been left out.

I don’t care to write a long review for this, so I’ll say that this movie had the typical ups and downs, but the bumpy ride was worth it for one go.

SPOILER:
I have to mention that the part in which Imogene’s mother tells her why she had to wait 84 days after her actual birthday to celebrate her birthday on her brothers birthday was heartbreaking. When Imogene tells the doctor at the beginning that she had to wait until her brothers birthday in order to finally have a party, you think that “oh, the mom is such a cheap bitch”, but you then find out she did it because her brother Ralph had no friends, therefore nobody would show up for his birthday. That for me really struck a nerve and although that doesn’t excuse all the other crappy things her mom did, you get a sense that she did indeed love her kids and she did have their best interest at heart. A touching moment for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment