December 11, 2015

The Company You Keep

2012 - 2/5

#Netflix&Chill right?

When I saw that Shia LaBeouf was in this movie, I decided to watch it. Within the first 6 minutes of the movie, we see Susan Sarandon, Terrance Howard, Stanley Tucci and Robert Redford! From that point on, the casting just gets bigger and bigger! Anna Kendrick, Chris Cooper, Nick Nolte, Richard Jenkins! Ya, this movie does have a lot of actors casted, however, that doesn’t mean there in the movie for the entirety of the movie; that’s not to say that that is a downfall in any way though. Each actor was used to the extent needed.

I like movies that involve someone trying to uncover something. And that’s exactly what Shia’s role was. He was journalist trying to piece together bank robbery gone bad in the 1970s. Although he’s gotten a bad rap as an actual human being, you can’t deny he’s a good actor… well, at least in my books. I think he worked very well in this movie. He was a fast talker and it went well with the character and being a journalist.

At the 30 minute mark, it hit me that it was filmed in Vancouver! So bonus points for that (but not really).

For a movie that I have never heard of before I came across from it on Netflix, I did like it – but only for a one time viewing, it doesn’t have repeat value.

No comments:

Post a Comment