November 8, 2012

The Dead Zone

1983 – 0.9/5

I want to begin this review by saying that I had no interest in watching this movie until a friend said that it was worth watching. She didn’t really need to sell me on it because I’m a big fan of Christopher Walken and that alone made me decide to watch it. So I’ll cut to the chase: Was it a good movie? Ya, it was okay. Would I watch it again? I highly doubt it.

The highlight of this movie wasn’t the plot or the script – it was Christopher Walken as Johnny Smith. He played the part very well. He was the only thing in this movie that drew me in a little, which resulted in me watching the entire thing. When he flinched, I felt as if it was real. Nobody else really had a big role that’s worth mentioning.

One other thing I did like about this movie was that it had good transitions between Johnny Smith and what he was seeing when he touched someone. It wasn’t jumpy or choppy; the editing was smooth between scenes.

I wouldn’t really consider this a thriller. It wasn’t the type of movie that you had to pay attention to every minute of it to get what’s going on. It lacked any ability to enthrall you and hold you attention the entire time. It was good for a movie that came out in the early 80s, but as someone who is watching it in 2012, I can say that I’ve seen much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment