November 1, 2012

Jeff, Who Lives At Home

2011 - 0.5/5

I really don’t know what to make of this movie. It wasn’t bad or anything, but it wasn’t good either. I am going to make the assumption that this was an independent flick, and for what it was, it was fine, but I don’t think it added anything to what already exists.

I had no idea this movie existed until I saw it on Netflix. The only reason I decided to watch this movie was because Jason Segel was in it, and I like Ed Helms too – had no idea Susan Sarandon was in it (the actors/actresses were the only reason I gave this movie a 0.5 instead of a 0). The relationship between JS and EH did seem genuine so I bought that they were brothers. I think everyone did a good job as the characters they were supposed to be, but like the plot, there wasn’t much to it.

The one thing that made it lose a couple points in my books was the odd camera work. It could have gone without the random close-ups. I don’t think I’d recommend people watch this movie unless they’re in the mood for a melodramatic film, and even then, it really wasn’t something mention-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment