October 7, 2010

Avatar

2009 - 0/5

I’m not a fan of Sci-Fi at all, and with that being said, I couldn't care less about the CGI effects. I am probably one of the fewer people who did not like this movie at all. I saw this movie in 3D and I think that was a big mistake because it distorted the [potential for such] awesome colour! The script was bland, the acting was barley noteworthy, and overall, it dragged and there was nothing unique about this movie. I can’t think of any point in this movie that I actually liked.

-the 3D took away from the cgi; it made it blurry
-the cgi wasn't even that great; it will be far surpassed in the coming years
-nothing outstanding about the acting
-nothing outstanding about the script
-the plot was crap
-everything added was used to foreshadow more crap to come

Not only did I waste approximately $30 on the tickets (2 tickets for 3D), I wasted 2.5 hours of my life. Very disappointed, and relieved that it only won one academy award, because it really didn't deserve anything, including any nomination!

No comments:

Post a Comment