October 23, 2010

Date Night

2010 - 3/5

Having watched this movie twice, I am sure that this is the type of movie you’re either going to love it or hate it. It’s just one of those types of movies that you’re either going to think every line is funny or every line is stupid. For whatever reason I don’t see there being any middle ground. I for one, really enjoyed this movie. I thought this movie was really funny and it had a lot of jokes.

I felt as if it had it’s own unique comedy that pertained to not only the plot, but the actors as well. I have been a fan of Steve Carrell since Little Miss Sunshine, but I’ve never really been a fan of Tina Fey. I didn’t know how well they’d work together, but they made a really cute pair; I loved the parts in which they’d say “What’s the story”. It didn’t happen often and they made it really interesting. It was these kinds of part that made me see that they had a lot of chemistry between them, as actors and characters. Their comedic styles really complimented each other. They both portrayed the role of the plain-Jane married couple, that always play things safe. I thought the situation they got into was really funny mainly because of who they were. I was rooting for them the entire time.

There were a few cameos from other stars in this movie, but pretty much all of them had no more than 2 scenes. I do like Mark Ruffalo when he’s a supporting character (especially the ‘typical guy’ role). When it comes to Kristin Wigg, I will admit that I had no idea who she was before Bridesmaids. I’m always surprised when I see her with really small roles in older movies now. And even with these small roles, she’s still funny. Mark Wahlberg fit his role really well too. I would have liked him more if he had short hair (a superficial point, I know, but my review, my opinion). Ray Liotta as a mob-boss in a comedy movie works for me. James Franco and Mila Kunis make a good pair too! It’s a shame they didn’t have a bigger role. So even if you don’t like any of these actors that had small cameo’s it doesn’t taint your opinion of the movie overall, because they, for the most part, only had on scene.

I was pretty much laughing throughout the entire movie. The way I see it, this movie is supposed to put a smile on your face. Mission accomplished.

My favourite lines:
“Hey god. No. He turned it sideways. Kill shot. It’s a kill shot”.
“I’m not out of shape, I’m scared”.
“Everything you’re doing, I’m doing in heels”.
“I don’t really have gum”.

No comments:

Post a Comment