October 22, 2010

Ninja Assassin

(2009) - 3/5


the story line wasn't as cheesy as I thought it would be and it was easy to follow - it moved at a good pace and the acting was okay: it didn't ruin the movie or add to it in any way. the flashbacks were done well (each flashback built on the previous and they were placed well throughout the movie). there was a lot of blood, action (obviously unrealistic) and a variety of weapons that were used. I was expecting to be entertained by the cool ninja moves and it delivered. 

***SPOILER ALERT***

i also liked that there were moments of suspense (created by the darkness of the lights going out); the uncertainty of what's going to happen drew me in. I found that this movie had a few new aspects that other movies that I've seen didn't; for example: when Raizo ran out of the building (near the end) and the other ninjas followed him while running and fighting in traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment