January 11, 2012

50/50

2011 – 3.6/5

There are happy parts and there are sad parts and the director did an awesome job blending the 2 together. Considering this movie is based on a true story, I didn’t think it was “Hollywoodized” in any way. I felt as if what was shown on screen was truly something that could happen; I guess what I’m trying to say is that there was no bullshit added. This movie gives the audience a realistic sense of the situation Adam was in. SR and JGL were a great pair. An all-around solid movie that kept your attention.

Seth Rogen came out of nowhere in the last few years and in my opinion and he has taken Comedy movies to a whole new level. Although I’d say this is more on the Drama side, he’s a versatile actor and he can act in any genre. He still has his comedic touch in this movie because that’s just who he is. His type of comedy is realistic and it fit this movie and subject perfectly.

Who would have thought that the kid from 3rd Rock From the Sun would grow to be such an amazing actor! Joseph Gordon-Levitt was my favourite actor in this movie and I felt as if he nailed it as Adam.

The script was solid and defiantly my favourite part of this movie. I decided not to add any of my favourite lines because I don’t want to ruin anything or give anything away.

Anybody else notice the ‘YVR’ license plate?

No comments:

Post a Comment