January 22, 2012

Anchorman

2004 – 3.1/5

The following is a list of Will Ferrell movies I’ve seen (with him being the main character or one of):
-Old School
-Elf
-Winter Passing
-Stranger Than Fiction
-Blades of Glory
-Step Brothers

The following is a list of Will Ferrell movies I liked:
-Elf
-Stranger Than Fiction

With regards to the previous lists, the point I’m trying to prove is that I don’t have a good track record with Will Ferrell movies; clearly, there aren’t too many I actually really liked going into this one. I honestly thought that I wasn’t going to like this movie, but a couple minutes in, I had already laughed out loud (when Ron Burgundy said “Hey everyone! Come see how good I look!”).

I had no idea Paul Rudd and Steve Carell were in this movie and that made me happy. I knew I could count on Paul Rudd to make me laugh, and he came through – as did everyone else. Like Old School, I didn’t care much for all the cameos, but I thought they were better incorporated. The costumes were pretty good and I was able to further get a sense of each character through their outfit. Overall, I thought all the characters were very well developed with regards to the clothing, dialogue and demeanor.

I have to say that my favourite part of this movie was the dialogue. It was very original and funny. I liked the narrating and it didn’t seem outside the movie (if that makes any sense). Every aspect of this movie flowed with one another and it turned out to be a solid movie.

One of my favourite lines
Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

1 comment: