January 13, 2012

Our Idiot Brother

2011 – 3.7/5

I read several reviews and I heard that the movie was just ‘okay’; I think most people’s main issue was that it wasn’t a flat out comedy, it was a drama with a bit of comedy sprinkled throughout. I personally don’t care what the movie was labeled as, but for the record, I do think it was a comedy; I do understand why people thought it was more on the drama side. I love Paul Rudd and I liked the rest of the cast and I thought the plot was unique; ergo, I had to see this movie.

I would say that Ned was more so good natured and gives people the benefit of the doubt, rather than idiotic. Maybe I liked this movie so much because I value honesty, and I like it when people cut-the-crap and be upfront with you. Ned is a straightforward and open guy and obviously, that gets him in trouble; but then again, the situations that unfold aren’t really his problem. He ends up moving from one sister’s house to another because of something he said (or didn’t say) when he shouldn’t have.

As I mentioned earlier, Paul Rudd is one of my favourite actors. I also really like Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, and I’ve liked Rashida Jones since I Love You Man. I liked all the characters, each of them brought something different to the table and I also thought that the characters developed as the movie went on.

I think this movie is underappreciated and after watching it, I’m surprised how low the ratings are.

My favourite line:
Bill: She’s been asking $400, but for you, she’ll give it to you for $500.

No comments:

Post a Comment