January 8, 2012

Cars 2

2011 – 2.7/5

First thing I want to say is that I really liked the first one, and I honestly didn’t have high expectations for this movie (other than animation). Obviously, this being a Pixar movie, it didn’t let me down with regards to animation. It was perfect as usual and everything looked amazing.

When it comes to the storyline, I felt that it was lacking. I hate to say it, but I think I liked the first one a lot because it had a really simple plot, however, with this one, the plot wasn’t gripping and it just seemed as if there was too much added for a family movie.

The voiceover was spot on like all Pixar movies. The new characters added were okay; nothing special.

I thought the screenplay was good. Again, nothing special, but I did want to mention one clever part: the impound lot being the equivalent as a prison. They added a couple things like that which had parallel meanings and I enjoyed that.

I’m slightly disappointed, but then again, I didn’t exactly have any expectations going in.

No comments:

Post a Comment