February 2, 2012

Blue Crush

2002 – 1.4/5

I saw this movie a few years ago and I remember liking it, contrary to my first review (that it was a typical movie about a girl who is trying to prove herself – that review still applies). I decided to give it another shot and I think I liked what it was supposed to be rather than what it actually was.

The storyline was non-existent and it wasn’t developed as well as it could have. It was quiet scattered and nothing was tied together well. So many different things were added in and it just didn’t work. We are never told why the mom left or what made Penny change her rebellious ways. The explanations for why Anne Marie’s ex is suddenly buddy, buddy with Matt (to impress girls) is stupid. And same goes with Lena and Eden, who are still working even though they quit (needing the money). This movie did not need a love story, but of course the director added that in.

I do have a few nice things to say…the acting wasn’t horrible, the music was good, nice cinematography and the camera angles were really nice in the water/surfing scenes.

The director took this movie in whatever direction he wanted, and as an audience we’re supposed to follow the path blindly. By the end, it left me thinking, ‘so what?’

No comments:

Post a Comment