February 9, 2012

Despicable Me

2010 – 2.8/5

I wasn’t sold within the first half hour, but it moved at a good pace and I think the second half was better than the first. It was a very creative movie with regards to the script and some other ideas: the statues in the Bank of Evil were funny and original. The minions were cute and I liked the 3 girls. I did not like the “Box of Shame” bit in the orphanage (it was a bit much for a Family Film). The songs were really catchy and I actually really enjoyed the music. Lastly, YAY for the Nerdfighters salute from Vector!

Steve Carell’s accent was a bit weird at first, but I think it also suited what the character looked like. The script, as a whole was okay, but it had a couple of lines that I really liked.

Edith: Lets go destroy another game.

Edith: Pretty please.
Gru: The physical appearance of the ‘please’ makes no difference.

Gru: That book was accidently destroyed maliciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment